Strawberry Pudding



It has been more than three weeks that I haven't updated this little blog of mine. It's not that I haven't been baking that much, I still do. I still take pictures, although not every single one of them. Have you ever thought that sometimes, taking the picture gets in the way of everything? For me, most of the time, I finished decorating a cake in the morning right before I go to work. By the time I finished, I would rush things so that I can go to work ASAP, and to be honest, sometimes I don't feel like taking pictures of it, but I know if I don't, I will regret it later. Those hours and hours of baking, folding, mixing,refrigerating, and decorating need to be captured in the final form so that we can look at it and be proud of it no matter how the result turned out :).

I wouldn't say that my life is going in a slow pace. Even when I have some spare time, I will always think of something to use the time to do something productive, such as cleaning up (and I have lots of that really), folding the laundry, and baking of course! I feel like the time is too precious to just go by unused, although I do feel exhausted here and there, but I'm trying to enjoy every second of it.



Now back to the baking world! This pudding is not actually a result of baking, but the term "baking" somehow and sometime is used to describe anything related to dessert :). It's nothing special, just a strawberry pudding with lots of fresh strawberries inside (and more in the center). It's a request from a friend for her to bring to a gathering that she went. She requested putu ayu too along with the pudding. I thought the pudding was a little too firm though, I guess I need to add more liquid next time. There is actually chocolate creme anglaise accompanied this lovely pudding, but not shown here in the picture. I have never made strawberry pudding with chocolate creme anglaise before but it's what she had requested, and you can never go wrong with chocolate-strawberry combination, can you?

You will see lots of strawberry post coming :D. I just love summer, California summer that is! although I have only experienced summer in a few states, CA, TX and MI (for a short period), but I think everybody will agree that CA has the best summer ever!! too bad I can't find red currants here in bay area :(. Although summer has officially ended yesterday, but the spirit of summer will still be there as long as I still see strawberries in farmers' market :). It seems like it was just yesterday that summer just started and I was just getting excited to welcome the warm weather and the gorgeous produce. I haven't even gotten any chance to bake with cherries (it was gone so fast), peaches, nectarines, plums :(. I guess I was blinded and got hypnotized by those shiny red plump berries lying around everywhere and you know exactly how hard it is to resist them. But I'll try to use some of the last peach and plum this year to make something before they're gone :).


No comments: